Sunday, October 25, 2009

What to knit, what to knit, what to knit

Unemployment continues... Why is it even though I am unemployed I still do not look forward to Monday mornings? Is it a psychological thing??? Now, there's something to ponder about.

In knitting news -- I finished the Traveling Woman shawl I was working on. I took pictures of the finished product, but unfortunately I forgot to place the memory card back in the camera so the pictures on the camera and I have long lost the wire to connect said camera to computer. I would take pictures of it with the memory stick in the camera, but I have already gifted it away. I gave it to my 3 year old niece who loves all things girlie and pink. I placed it inside a Disney Princess's lunch box and she absolutely adored it. So did her mom, who has already asked to borrow it. It was a nice shawl, but a little too pink and girlie girl for me. I like giving my knitting away to my niece she just thinks it's the coolest thing. A couple of weeks ago, I was babysitting and trying to work on a different project when she asked when I was going to make something for her. I quickly took up the ugliest red acrylic yarn you have ever laid eyes on and knitted up a square with size 9 needles. Pretty simple 1x1 ribbing on either end and a center of garter stitch. I quickly seamed the squared in half leaving an opening and abba cadabra a glove. Rumor has it that she wore it all week long and even to school. Kinda made me feel bad that I made it from such ugly yarn so Traveling Woman was my way of apologizing.

Now, I'm trying to think of what to make next. I'm liking these quick knits. Cast on, a week later a pretty shawl good times. I promised my sister I'd make her a shawl in purple wool I have stashed. I just need to figure out which design. I might make another Springtime Bandit I truly enjoyed that knit. I'm going through all the design on Ravelry at the moment trying to make up my mind. I was also eying Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts. I looovvve the way they look, but at the moment I don't have the needles free to begin the gloves, but I'm dying to try out the colorwork pattern on a scarf maybe... now, there's an idea.

No comments: