Monday, February 4, 2013

My KDrama Obsession

 I'm completely and totally obsessed with Asian dramas.  I love them all, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, but my absolute, hands down, no runner up favorite are Korean dramas.  I have watched more than thirty and counting.  There's this really cool website for keeping track of dramas you've watched, want to watch, are watching, called My Drama List.  I like it because I can keep track of what I've watched and you can score them in case late at night you are jonesing for something good to watch but can't figure out what new drama to start you can always go through your list and pick out one to rewatch.  My list has all the dramas I've seen and what I've thought of them and yes I do sometimes go back to rewatch my favorite episode like Coffee Prince's episode 11 or Heartstrings' episode 7 or Lie to Me's episode 8 oh and so many more.

My current obsession with Kdramas started a couple of years ago when I was bullied by my best friend to watch Boys Over Flowers, and although, that particular drama is cheesy and over the top and so sweet it will make your teeth ache it was also so very very addicting I watched the 25 episodes over a weekend and then promptly started my next drama.  Since then I've taken breaks usually when I become obsessed with something else, Doctor Who & Torchwood, I'm looking at you, but I always go back to Kdramas. They make me happy. 

I need to practice writing for the sake of writing so I'll be updating dramas I've watched and reviews.  I'll post my top 5 Kdramas in the next day or two and then this weekend my review for the last two I've watched which were Reply 1997 and Devil Beside You, this one is from Taiwan.  Till then go watch a Kdrama.  There are a multitude of place to watch on line including Crunchy Roll, Viki, Drama Fever, and let's not forget Hulu and Netflix.

No comments: